Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ok.....

So, I don't have anything to blog, except for the fact that I am writing a "science fiction" story, but not really science fiction. I am very open to ideas and comments about the story. I will post parts of it on the blog and then the whole thing when it is finished. OK...... The first thing is the title. I am throwing around 2 ideas for the name of the story: Trapped in a Comic Book World or Star's Galaxy. Not sure. Maybe we can have a vote. OK....... next thing: I am going to blog a rough draft of the first paragraph of the story:

I was eating breakfast on Saturday morning with my favorite comic book: Star's Galaxy. I had not read this new issue yet, but I had read about it. I knew that Star,(the hero of the book) was being chased by an evil space dude with the nickname of Grizzly, and his sidekick: Slimy Sam. Sam did all the dirty work. Sam was very good at doing dirty work, (after all, he was a dirty, slimy, rascal.) Grizzly and Slimy Sam were after Star because she had space communicators and other gadgets and devices that they knew would be very useful in commiting crime. I was really excited about reading this new issue of Star's Galaxy. I slipped off my shoes and kicked them under the table. My dog, Carly, sat in them and looked up at the table just in case I happened to accidentally drop a Froot Loop. Well, I dropped a Froot Loop, but not accidentally. I finished eating, and boosted Carly up on my pal so that she could read the book too. I sneezed. ( You people out here reading this book are probably like: "Why do you have to include that you sneezed?") Well, this was no ordinary sneeze. I sneezed so hard that I felt myself falling, falling, falling. Carly started barking for all that she was worth. I suddenly landed on a partly rocky terrain. A sharp pain went up my spine. I opened my eyes but my nose and mouth were still covered by my hands. Good thing too, because all that I had seen were stars sitting on a black background before I heard the thundering of 2 sets of footsteps behind me. I turned around to recognize Grizzly and Slimy Sam running toward me. Slimy was spewing out deadly fumes out of his mouth that were getting dangerously close to me. By then I realized that I was trapped in a comic book world!!!

OK, so what do you think?!
(Comments and ideas welcome!)

6 comments:

  1. Loving the story so far. I don't want to give any suggestions, then I wouldn't be surprised by how it turned out! I do like "Star's Galaxy" for the title. It's more mysterious. ;-) The title doesn't give away what the story is about. You have to read it to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with grandma Smith, Stars galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminders!!! I see what you mean. I will do my best to do all that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoo hoo!!!! WHERE ARE YOU??? What happened to your faithful blogging skills?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry!!! I'm trying!!! Well...not really. But I will blog soon, probably today!!

    ReplyDelete