Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Hello, Blogland!!! I thought that I had better blog and tell you: Happy Easter! Interesting Easter for us. I woke up at about 7:15 at the sound of Mom putting my Easter dress that she had just ironed in the closet. Still drowsy, we talked a little about Easter as she finished hanging and smoothing the dress and then sat down on the bed. We finished talking, then I got dressed in the "over 20 year old dress that used to be my Mom's" as an Easter dress because Grandma Vicki was not able to make me a dress this year and we had an awful time shopping for a dress. I went outside and got as close a flower I could to purple Easter Lillies and got Mom to go outside with me to Charlie's Grave. Today, it has been exactly one year since we lost our wonderful lovable, "snarly" Charlie. We cried for about 10 minutes, standing by the little wooden cross, talking about what a great dog that Charlie served to be. We went inside, and I ate Cocoa Puffs for breakfast. By then the boys were up and getting ready. We went into the dining room and were not surprised to see the usual candy bowls addressed to each of us kids from Dad. But what was unusual, is what was in them. This year, Dad really outdid himself. This year, there was a big box of each of our favorite types of candy, (for me it was Skittles), Lemonheads, Cadbury Chocolate Eggs, (Yummmmm), Marshmallow Bunnies, and big Milk Chocolate Crosses. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm). But the boys and Mom had some different stuff too. Also, there was a really fun board game there for all of us. We went to church and had a GREAT service and Easter play that was practiced during Sunday School at the last minute. We invited the Ridlespurges, Sister Misti and the kids, and the Pendleys to come and eat Easter dinner with us. Katie Farr and I played alot of games. We went to church again tonight and had a very moving service. And now I am home, blogging about my very fantastic Easter Sunday. How was your Easter??? (Comment.........)

4 comments:

  1. Our Easter was great. We had church in the morning. (We normally have it at 2 in the afternoon, since we rent from another church) After service we came home and had the whole church over for dinner. It was SO nice out today, I think we got over 50 degrees outside!! I'm glad to read that you all had a nice day too :) For Easter my husband decied to give our kids each their own full size fishing pole and tackle box. They are v

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy your mom kept that dress all these years and that it almost fits you. ;-) Happy Easter! You'll have one made especially for you soon, I hope. If I can just stay home once in a while it would help a lot!
    We had a nice Easter, but it was quiet and a little lonely. It was just Granddad and me. Most everybody around here has lots of family to get together with during holidays. We did have a delicious homemade dinner, though. And we got a nice Sunday afternoon nap. We had very good services morning and night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thought about coming up there to TN to spend Easter with you, but I guess it didn't work out. I figured you would have Brother Oscar and his family over, but I was wrong! Glad to hear about your easter!!!

    ReplyDelete