Friday, March 8, 2013

Interesting...

We had an interesting week last week because Papa Jerry and Grandma Bobbie came down from Idaho and spent a night with us. We met at Bass Pro Shops and looked around in there for a little while. Then, Papa felt a "special anointing" when he saw the Golden Corral sign, so we stopped there to eat. It was very good. I helped Grandma Bobbie and got her food while pushing the wheelchair around the restaurant. But I didn’t mind. It made me feel good! We came home and visited pretty much the rest of the time. I went into the kitchen with Grandma Bobbie to make cookies when I discovered that there was no baking soda. No cookies! Not only did we talk and have mishaps in the kitchen, but Papa also gave me a painting class, told jokes, and we also played I-Buy. I was beating everyone until I got a whopping 215 points. But one of the best things about it was watching Papa’s hero: Daffy Duck. We showed him Robin Hood Daffy, The Abominable Snow Rabbit, and several others. Mom said that it was so much fun seeing us kids and Papa all huddled together in front of a computer watching Daffy run into a wall or try to prove to Porky Pig that he is really Robin Hood or get captured by a dumb snow monster and be a greedy slob when he finds treasure…Papa’s big body shaking with laughter, us kids giggling and laughing at every word Daffy says, camera flashing for Mom’s blog, it so much fun!!! We dropped them off at the airport and then went home; I have been just doing school and stuff all week until last night, VLB service!!! It was about complaining and murmuring, it was very cool. Mom had the VLBs sit in the very front rows and gave us each color-coded scripts except for Laura because she got in late, so I shared my script with her. The scripts had different complaints that each of us VLBs took turns standing up and complaining to the congregation. We really got into it. :-) Then Mom read the complaints out loud again, and then we took turns reading what we SHOULD say instead of complaining. Like: “Burger King???? I wanted McDonalds!” is the complaint, and then the opposite is: “Burger King is not my favorite, but at least it keeps me from starving!” Guess what! We went to Burger King after church! Well I have got to go. I need to go to bed. Madison is coming over to spend the night tomorrow, so I won’t post tomorrow. Good-night!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of GREAT memories were made with your grandparents. You will CHERISH those even more as you get older. Have fun with your sleep over friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She is one of the best friends that a girl could have. I am really excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post brought back so many memories. Whenever I would spend the night at Papa Jerry and Grandma Bobbie's house I COULD NOT sleep in. I would find myself awake before the sun painting with Papa listening to Southern Gospel on cassette tapes. Then when the sun would creep up Papa and I would stand on the back deck together and just watch. Every once in awhile he would breathlessly say, "Isn't God amazing."

    I'm so glad you kids had an opportunity to make some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to spend some time with Papa Jerry and Grandma Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!? What happened to Miss Faithful Blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry... here is a new post for you: Alot to Blog is finally out!

    ReplyDelete