Thursday, February 14, 2013

Details on the B-day

Before I start on the details, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
Sorry. I had to.

Well, here goes. If you have probably noticed, I LOVE MY BLOG!!!! But anyway, I promised that I would write about yesterday, (my birthday). I woke up at about 8:30 yesterday and came down stairs. When Joe finally came down, he told Mom good morning and then announced: "I have fully matured one year today," and then he turned to me and said: "and you're still a booger-brain!" Ha! How old is he? 3? We were both very excited about our birthday, but I was like, ecstatic! We finally left and went to Hoover. We went to several places, LifeWay Christian Bookstore, the Hoover County Library, Guitar Center(that was Joe's idea), Christmas Tree Shops,(for those who don't know, Christmas Tree Shops is not just Christmas stuff. They have great prices on great stuff, and they only have Christmas stuff at Christmas time), Sam's Club,(I love my cake!), and also Olive Garden. That dinner was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood!!!!

We got home and did random things, and then finally it was time for Joe's little party. We had just lit the candles on his pie(he wanted cherry pie instead of cake), when Grandma and Granddaddy showed up. We quickly ate the pie,(we were on a really tight time frame), and them opened presents. Joe got a hunting knife, a bag of marshmallows,(at his request), a floor lamp, Swedish Fish and a book light, a harmonica, and an IOU for an Auto Harp tuner. I went ahead and opened my presents from the family. I got a Coca-Cola calender, an entire case of Vanilla Coke,(thank you Grandma Vicki!), a VLB vest, another vest, a pattern and fabric for a purse, a night stand for my room by my bed, a table LED light with a fan, and Sam got me a book called Nighty-Nightmare by one of my most favorite authors. When we finished opening the gifts, Grandma Vicki, Mom and I went to the church to decorate for my party after church. We had a wonderful service. I am now an official VLB! After church, all of us went back to the fellowship hall for cake. Mom had something special for each of the birthday people, Tammy Washburn(50), Me(12), Joe(11), and Kody Ridlespurge(19). Then we all ate cake and talked for a little while. Katie Farr bought me these adorable PJ's, socks, and a great card! Thank you Katie!!!!! Well I guess that is about it. Oh yeah! After the paty at the church, we went to Bojangles with the Washburns. Yum! OK, I'm done. I hope that you have enjoyed my second post on my blog. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!
VLB Pictures:

A happy Mom, a happy Dad, and a SUPER happy Katie
I am soooooooo happy that Grandma Vicki and Granddaddy could come...THANK YOU!!!!!
Granddaddy's Girl
The whole clan
What a great cake!!!
 My Mom and I
 Me and Granddaddy(did I mention he cheated)? You will have to talk to him about it. :-)
A special time for both of us.
 
The service was fantastic. All the VLB's were up there singing, the message was great, and the fellowship was so much fun! OK, there you have it! Pictures and details about yesterday. I'm SOOOOOOO happy!
 
~Katie~
 


7 comments:

  1. Hey! Most of the pictures you used were MINE, and are on my blog, too! Thiefer! ;-)
    I'm glad we could be there for your big day. And I'm so glad your Mom gave you a blog for your birthday. It's adorable. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...I am not a Thiefer. Their MY pictures now...I just had to post them! Thank you for reading my blog Sis. Melissa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late Birthday!!! I am sooo excited that your now a VLB!!! Your blog is super cute. :ove ya girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know where my comment went! Your Children's Church and Gleaners teacher is gonna miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sis. Jamey! Glad to see that you are reading the blog!!!!

    I'm going to miss you and Children's Church to Sis. Tammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad that Laura Dickenson wasn't there, she really would have enjoyed the service!!!!

    ReplyDelete